I’ve been feeling neglected. I know, I know. How can you say that, you ask. With trips to the faux-dog park (the school near the house) and the real dog park, and then there’s the playing ball in the backyard, it’s hard to argue that I haven’t been getting a lot of attention. But Abe’s been spending too much time working on his book. I’m not quite sure what books are exactly. It seems like a lot of nonsense to me, words and stuff, but Pearl assures me that they make good chew toys. I can’t say I believe her, but maybe I’ll give it a try some day.
Elle’s also been on a “fitness kick” recently, going for runs without me. “Alone time” she calls it. What? Just because I like car headlights and can’t help getting excited about them as they speed by? Geesh. Selfish.
Anyway, Abe’s got this obsession with balls now. He figures if he gives me one every couple of weeks I’ll lay off him a little bit. Maybe forgive him for concentrating on a computer screen and not me.
|This speaks for itself.|
|Sometimes, the original ball is just as good as any.|
|The "Ultra Ball"|
|"Erratic Ball" and "Max Glow"|
|"Drag 'N Fly"|
OK, here's the ranking in order of preference:
- Football. Was there any doubt? Given the chance, I pick it up every time.
- "Max Glow." Better for nighttime play.
- "Ultra Ball." When going the distance, you always go ultra.
- "Drag 'N Fly." I like its erratic behavior, and I like that Abe cares enough to keep balls in the yard.
- "The Whistler." At least it makes a noise.
- "Erratic Ball." It sucks.
Well. Here's to balls.